1. DO YOU PROVIDE CAPTAINS FOR THE BOATS?
No. Our boats are for rental only. We do require experienced boaters ONLY. There is a small verbal test upon arrival to confirm experience.
2. ARE THE BOATS ALLOWED TO GO OVER TO HARSENS ISLAND, MUSCAMOOT BAY, ETC.
All Pontoon rental boats must stay between The Ambassador Bridge and the Selfridge Air Force Base. The Tritoon rental boats are allowed.
3. CAN WE GO INTO CANADIAN WATERS?
Absolutely not. There are heavy fines and impoundment of boats. All renters will be responsible.
4. IS SMOKING AND DRINKING ALLOWED ON BOATS?
NO SMOKING ON THE BOATS. Alcohol is allowed, but there is NO drinking and driving. ANY DAMAGES TO SEATS OR CARPET WILL BE CHARGED FOR DAMAGES.
5. CAN I BRING MY DOG?
YES. We are a dog friendly boat company. ANY DAMAGES TO SEATS OR CARPET WILL BE CHARGED FOR DAMAGES.
6. WHAT IF I HAVE 11/12 PASSENGERS PLANNED FOR THE TRIP? IS THERE AN EXCEPTION TO THE MAXIMUM OF 10?
We have to limit the weight on each boat. If you have several children there is an exception. Weight limit is 1500 lbs. Please text us if you have questions.
7. WHO DO WE CALL IF WE HAVE BOAT TROUBLE WHILE OUT ON THE LAKE?
Tel# 248-421-8542. We will go through a number of questions to determine any issues. There is no charge to send out a rescue team, but if it is driver error there is a charge of $50.00 an hour.
8. CAN WE PULL SKIERS OR TUBES?
Our insurance coverage does not allow any objects being pulled behind the boats.
9. DO YOU HAVE LIFE JACKETS ON BOARD?
Yes. We have all safety equipment including 2-way radios, fire extinguisher, flares, first aid kit, and oars. If you have a need for children’s life jackets under three years of age, please supply your own.
10. CAN WE EXTEND OUR TIME FOR THE RENTAL?
No. We have several boats rented a day and need them in on time for cleaning. WE HAVE BOAT TENDERS READY AND WAITING FOR THE TIME YOU HAVE BOOKED AND ALL BOATS NEED TO BE IN BY 6:00PM. THERE WILL BE CHARGE OF $50 FOR EVERY 15 MINUTES A BOAT IS LATE.
11. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PONTOON AND A TRITOON BOAT?
A Tritoon has three toons instead of two. It enables the boat to have a smoother ride, and handles rough water better.
12. ARE THE BOATS LICENSED AND INSURED?
All TyeToon boats are fully insured and licensed. The Department of Natural Resources inspects and approves them on an annual basis. Renters are responsible for any damages or lost items provided by TyeToons.
13. WHERE DO BOATS LEAVE OUT OF?
BOATS LEAVE AND RETURN OUT OF HARBOR CLUB NORTH MARINA-37500 JEFFRON AVE. IN HARRISON TWSP. (RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT OUT THE DAY PRIOR TO YOUR RENTAL).
14. DO YOU HAVE BATHROOMS ON THE BOATS?
NO. AND WE DO NOT HAVE BATHROOM FACILITIES AT THE MARINA AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.